An air conditioner replacement will take between 4 and 8 hours on average. If you replace your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously, the job will take 8 to 14 hours. The time required depends on the size of the unit and your home, the location where it is installed, and the company you hire. Contact the experts at Mr. Quality today if you are looking for the best air conditioning installer in Chicagoland. How long does ac repair take?
What Is the Average Time to Replace an Air Conditioner: 4 – 8 Hours
- An air conditioner should be replaceable in less than a day. The average installation time ranges between 4 and 8 hours. Several factors will determine the actual time. The unit’s size affects the time it takes to replace an air conditioner.
- A smaller unit can be installed faster than a larger, bulkier one. The size and shape of your home will significantly impact the size of the air conditioner you require. A smaller house requires a smaller air conditioner than a much larger one. The total volume of your home, not just the square footage, determines the size you require. For example, a home with higher ceilings will require a larger air conditioner than one with lower ceilings of the same square footage.
- The number of units needed to cool your home will also impact installation time. A larger home that requires more than one unit will take longer to install than a smaller home that only requires one unit.
- If you require multiple units, the installation time will be extended.
- The type of air conditioner you select will influence the time it takes to replace an air conditioner.
- The layout of your home usually determines the type of air conditioner you select. Split air conditioners and packaged air conditioners are the two types of central air conditioners. The structure of the two is what distinguishes them.
- Split air conditioners have two separate units: a condensing unit and an evaporative coil. These two components are sometimes referred to as the condenser and the coil. A set of copper tubing connects the two units and transfers refrigerant from one to the other. The condenser is outside your home, while the coil is inside. Are you looking for a furnace replacement Chicago? Mr. Quality also does that.
The following are some of the benefits of a split air conditioner:
- They have the potential to be very efficient, with SEER values well into the 20s.
- They can be found in closets, attics, and garages, among other places.
- They are less difficult and less expensive to repair and maintain.
- They are usually quieter.
- Packaged Air Conditioning System: A packaged air conditioning system combines the condenser and coil into a single unit. It is made up of the same parts as a split air conditioner.
Packaged air conditioning systems are as follows:
- A split air conditioner is smaller and more compact.
- When there isn’t enough space for a larger split unit.
- mounted on your roof
- Because of their smaller size, they are frequently less efficient, with SEER ratings of only up to 14.
- The split and packaged air conditioning systems operate differently.
- They are organized
- The Time It Takes to Replace an Air Conditioner is Influenced by the Type of Installation
- A changeout and a full system replacement are the two types of air conditioning installations.
Changeout: A changeout is when you replace your old air conditioner with a new one. The rest of the equipment will remain the same. In this case, all the ductwork is in place and in good condition; it does not need to be installed or repaired. A changeout is much quicker than a full system replacement and can be completed in under a day.
Full System Replacement: A full system replacement requires your HVAC professional to replace or install your ductwork and rewire your thermostats. This procedure will take significantly longer than a simple changeout. A full system repair will take between 3 and 5 days. The old unit will still be replaced in one day, but the ductwork may take up to four days, depending on how extensive it is.
The Time It Takes to Replace an Air Conditioner Is Influenced by Its Location
The installation’s location will also affect the time it takes, but this cannot always be changed. For example, a unit that needs to be installed in a low basement or crawl space will take longer than one in a modern, easy-to-work-in basement.
Mr Quality Will Install Your Air Conditioner In These Steps
We, Will, Send You a Trained Technician: If you hire Mr. Quality for your A/C installation, we will send a personally assigned technician to your home to complete the installation. During the installation, our technician will be dedicated to you alone and will not be called away to another call. Initial Walkthrough: When we arrive, we will conduct a thorough walkthrough of your home and the installation area, explaining what we will do.
Progress Reports: Throughout the day, we will keep you updated on our progress. You can rest assured that we are only there for one reason: to install your air conditioner. We don’t cut corners, and our installations are of the highest caliber, just as you deserve.
Post-Installation Checklist: Once the job is completed, we will review a post-installation checklist with you to ensure that we completed the job precisely and exceeded your expectations.
Replace an Air Conditioner with Mr. Quality
Don’t take any chances when it comes to air conditioner installation. Hiring a professional company like Mr. Quality will ensure the installation is completed on time and only once. Hiring an inexperienced worker can waste your time and money. Contact Mr. Quality right away if your air conditioner needs to be replaced.
Mr. Quality Can Be Contacted
“Excellent service at less than half the price other companies quoted me.” I wholeheartedly endorse!” Mr quality is the best HVAC repair in Chicago. Are you looking to learn about how to fix a broken air conditioner? For more information, call us at 708-748-1946.